Many households and offices struggle with drain clogs at some point. Drain cleaning can be a tedious, complicated chore, but it doesn’t have to be. When you’re faced with the task of calling a professional drain cleaning company, keep these important tips in mind. When you get your drain cleaned, you’ll be glad you took precautions to protect yourself, your family, and the pipes!
– Install a video camera. If you have problems with recurring blockages, a video camera can help you address them. You may also want to invest in a spy camera to catch someone in the act of trying to gain access to your pipe system. A video camera can give you valuable evidence against unprofessional plumbers and contractors who don’t know the best way to clean drains and pipes.
– Get a professional sewer and drain cleaning firm. Some plumbers claim they can treat blocked pipes with old-fashioned elbow grease, but that rarely does much good. It can actually cause damage to piping and increase your risk for more blockages. For best results, call a professional drain cleaning expert who has experience using equipment like the Drains Snake Cleaner & Pumping Robot. They can effectively snake out blockages, make repairs and remove tree roots and other invasive plants that can grow through your pipes.
– Choose a reputable company. Call around to several drain cleaning companies to find out which ones have a good reputation. Find out what types of products they use, how long the process typically takes, and whether they offer guarantee times. It’s also a good idea to ask about customer service, since having an experienced plumber on call can be invaluable.
– Invest in camera inspection systems. Many professional cleaning services offer drain cleaning using specialized equipment, including cameras. These cameras can identify possible clogs with ease and speed. The video footage can be transmitted to a remote location, so you can view it from the convenience of your own home. If you see pipes under your sink or in your tub, check them out with a camera inspection system before calling a professional. You’ll likely save yourself more money than you spend on repairs.
– Invest in drain snaking tools. There are drain snake augers, as well as drain snaking brushes. You may also want to invest in special drain snake augers so you can clear larger clogs more easily. These augers are very versatile and can even be used to clear tree roots. Drain snaking tools can be an extremely helpful when it comes to pipe and plumbing problems.
– Be a do-it-yourselfer. Sometimes the best solution is to call on a plumbing expert for drain cleaning or other plumbing needs. When there are physical limitations, such as structural defects or age, calling a plumber may be a wise decision. If the only problem you have is a stubborn clog, then using do-it-yourself methods can often do the trick. However, if you run into problems that require more expertise, it might be time to call in the professionals.
Many plumbing professionals recommend preventative maintenance practices for older houses and commercial properties. For example, a common cause of clogs is tree roots. Keeping your gutters clear and free of debris can help prevent clogs, which are more likely to occur in older homes and commercial properties. A solid waste system will eventually deteriorate. Over time, pipes and piping can develop leaks, so it’s important to keep your pipes clean and clear of debris. While there’s nothing wrong with calling a professional when pipes begin to deteriorate, preventative maintenance saves both time and money and keeps your plumbing system running smoothly.